To install Deeploy Core, you will need to prepare the following tools/permissions:
- A Deeploy license key
- The Kubernetes CLI (kubectl)
- Helm v3
- An SMTP service and credentials (e.g., Sendgrid, AWS SES)
- An Azure account with permissions to modify resources on a Azure subscription
- Permissions to add/modify DNS records for you custom domain. These DNS providers are supported for automated certificate renewal.
Get you Deeploy License Key from MyDeeploy
Purchasing via MyDeeploy also included a free trial period of 14 days. You will be billed per hour only when you use Deeploy. In order to create an account you need a valid credit card that will be used for the billing. Your MyDeeploy account includes a dashboard to monitor you costs over time.
Overview of the installation steps and required knowledge
To complete the Azure marketplace installation, we structured this guide in the following way:
- Step 1: Configure the Azure Cloud Resources
Detailed steps to configure the Azure cloud resources using the recommended installation.
This step requires knowledge about configuring the following Azure resources: AKS, Azure PostgreSQL Database, Azure Blob storage, Azure Key Vault and Networking. The expected time to complete this step is 1 hour.
- Step 2: Configure the Database
Instructions to prepare the database for installation of the Deeploy Software Stack. This step requires SQL knowledge. The expected time to complete this step is 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Retrieve the SMTP credentials
Instructions to retrieve the right credentials from your SMTP provider. The expected time to complete this step is 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Install the Deeploy Core Software Stack
Instructions to deploy the Deeploy stack using helm and the Deeploy container images. This step requires knowledge about Kubernetes and Helm. The expected time to complete this step is 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Configure DNS
Instructions to configure your custom domain using your DNS provider. The expected time to complete this step is 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Configure TLS
Detailed instructions to create TLS certificates and/or set up automated TLS certificate renewal with cert-manager. This step requires networking knowledge. The expected time to complete this step is 20 minutes.
- Step 7: Verify installation
Instructions to check if the installation was successful.